Thursday, October 18, 2012

Kindness goes a long way

I was at my gym today talking with a gym representative. I was asking him for a guest pass for a friend of mine. He said they only offer 3 day passes now. I asked if there was anything longer and he said no. He went on to explain why they discontinued the 2 week pass. How their new registrations weren't increasing enough to justify giving a pass that allows more wear and tear on the gym equipment. I told him I understood and I am grateful for whatever he can offer. As he's filling out the pass I remembered the last time I saw him he had much less muscle mass. I pointed out the transformation. He thanked me and then started telling me how his sudden muscle gain had set off a muscle spasm in his upper back. He told me how uncomfortable it was and that he can't sleep at night because of the pain. I suggested a massage parlor that I've heard good things about from some friends. When all was said and done I thanked him for his time and told him that I hope he feels better soon. As I'm about to walk away he says "Hey man, I'll give you a 7 day pass"

Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness.
Sophocles

You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
Publilius Syrus

2 comments:

  1. Devinitely true.
    I wish you a lot of luck at your somewhat different job and if you come to Lisbon, I'll give you a guided tour. I bet you'll love the city just as much as you like NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanne,
    I will remember your offer if I find myself in Lisbon. It could be soon for I may be going to your neighbouring country Spain this year.
    Best of luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete