Sunday, September 30, 2012

Passion Dance

Was at a Japanese mixology bar last night with a friend. We got seated in the corner of the bar where there were three small tables. We sat in the middle table. The table to my right was a couple grabbing their check. To my left were two fellows. It was Paul Giamatti and his good friend Andrew Pang having drinks. All I could think of was Paul Giamatti's incredible performance in the 2005 film Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe, one of my all time favorite films. As we sat next to him I could hear his voice and it sounds exactly like him in his films. The night turned into having drinks and sharing conversation with Paul, his friend, and two young ladies to my right. What a blast. Talking, laughing, sharing stories, and cracking jokes. I had an awesome time sharing our night with such a talented actor. To make it even better, he was a down to earth, humble, funny guy. It amazes me that a person with such influence and recognition in our culture can be as personable and friendly as Paul Giamatti.
We spoke briefly about our professions and to sum things up, I am truly inspired.
What a delight to spend an evening with great people and share a slice of life with one another.
Thank you Paul for the conversation and drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment