Monday, August 16, 2010

Fine Art Project complete



Just finished Andy's Fine Art Project a couple hours ago. We shot 4 days and took so many pictures. I'm so freaking excited!
The project is a story about Aeneas, a Trojan leaving plundered Troy after the Trojan war (a lot of "troy' in that sentence lol) and it illustrates Aeneas' climatic moments in his life with all he has to experience in his journey to do the will of the gods and find the not yet founded city of Rome where his son will have the throne. The project itself mixes body and male beauty, photography with story, emotion and motion. Andy did one with Achilles and had a show in Miami and it got great feedback. http://andyarmano.com/fine_art/fineart.html He plans on doing the same with Aeneas.
Doing the project with Andy was so much fun. On top of all the fun I also learned so much more on expressions and "moving" as a model. There were many segments in the project that required a lot of different expressions and some were mixed expressions. To come up with them and make sure they were showing in my face and body was the concept. I did well and learned that much of it was actually feeling what I was trying to portray in the picture. I did this so much for the past 3 days that I know what expressions look good in an image and how far to go with the expression to make it look real but not too much.
Ahh I learned so much! Up until now I have done more than 20 photo shoots and I have gotten so much out of all of them. But this project alone I feel has doubled my skill as a model and my "moving" that I mentioned earlier. Moving is how the model moves through motions without having the photographer or anyone else direct them. To come up with different postitions, angles, expressions all at once to add to the picture. In many images you see in magazines and other places it is the picture that the model is moving that was chosen. When the model and photograper are, as I call it, "in sync" they have the same energy for the shoot and same focus on what they are trying to capture. When this happens it is easier to get that shot that is needed but also to push creativity to come up with something even potentially better and completely different. Me and Andy were in sync the whole time and we got some incredible material. It is awesome that both of us work great together and can be in sync so easisly. It was an experience that challenged ourselves to push our boundries of creativity, and it pushed me as a model and Andy as a photographer to produce the images that will be in his show. I cant wait :)
I will post once I know the date and place of the show. I also added some more behind the scene pics :P

No comments:

Post a Comment