Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New York!

When I decided to pursue modeling I imagined myself in New York City getting gigs and living the life up there. I have never been to NY and have always wanted to go since I was a teenager. Well now's my chance! I saved up "some" money, barely any lol, due to the lack of modeling work the past few months, and I'm going to have my mother agency set me up with appointments with the agencies up there.

I'm planning on flying up there as soon as the 28th of this month, a Monday, and no later than the end of that week. I have enough money for a plane ticket, a metro card, and a week or two worth of groceries...It's gonna rough lol.

But the good news is my Grandpa's son in law's mother owns an unoccupied apartment in Manhattan. She lives in Tampa and the apartment is not being used. So my Grandpa is trying to see if it is possible if I can occupy it while I am getting settled up there. Fingers Crossed!!!

If not I have a very generous friend who is willing to let me crash at their place a few nights as I go to my appointments with the agencies. Either way Im going to New York Baby!

I do not own a coat or anything heavy so Im gonna have to layer like crazy. It cant be that bad :P

So that is the plan as of now. To fly to NY around the 28th of Feb and visit some agencies. Wish me luck and I'll post if anything develops or changes :)

1 comment: