Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Milano

Im here in Milan Italy at my model apartment. It is 3:20pm here which means its 9:15pm in the states. I arrived here last Thursday morning at 8:15am. From the airport I took a bus to Centrale Station. From there I took the subway to Lotto Station and and walked to the agency. I have no idea how I made it from the airport to the agency. I never took a bus before or a subway. I just kept asking the locals where to go in my extremely limited italian. It pays to put some effort in learning a new language especially when you are going to that country. So I arrived at the agency at 11am and as soon as I walk in my agent tells me to leave my luggage because I have 3 castings to got to. He had me go buy a map and gave me a print out of the addresses.

I was running on no sleep in the last 40 hours with just a protein bar for breakfast. I got my book and map and ventured out into the city. Surprisingly I made it to all the castings. I got back to the agency at 5:45pm. I was wanderting around the city for 7 hours getting lost and taking wrong subways. I grabbed my luggage and tried to find my apartment. I said try because it took an hour and a half to find the apartment that was 15 min from the agency....it was the most disorientated day of my life. I got home, ate, and passed out. I was back at the agency the next morning and repeated the day before.

Since then I've got their public transportation down, I know how long traveling around the city takes, what castings here are like, what to expect when I order drinks at a bar(costing an arm and a leg lol), and just so much more. Its been a little over a week now and I have been having a blast! Enjoying Italy, seeing sites, going to Fashin Shows, partying, meeting new people, and living life!

til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment